The Cyclone Machine Monk Dungeon Build excels at farming Dungeons in a group. Here your main focus is on speed, grouping enemies and being generally useful to the team. Use Cyclone Strike to create a stacked up pull of enemies then apply Exploding Palm before your team shows up to destroy everything. Mystic Allies deal great single target damage on bosses making this a very well rounded build for group play. Below we show you how to maximize your contribution to the team.
Monk Dungeon Build - Cyclone Machine
Use 6 PIeces of the Issatar Imbued to enhance your movement speed and damage.
You want to move quickly and make sure to be a valuable addition to the team by increasing their damage output on the bosses using Inner Sanctuary and Empathy's Blessing. Be thoughtful of where to stop and when to use your abilities for the greatest benefit of the team. Having all your cooldowns to help take down teh bosses fast is always a priority in dungeons. Here's the rotation:
- Use Inner Sanctuary before cycling through the rest of your DPS skills. This increases the damage of all party members as well as your Mystic Allies.
- Seven-Sided Strike and Cyclone Strike should always be used together to get the Firestorm proc from burning enemies. You should be able to do this combo 2-3 times between Inner Sanctuary cooldowns.
- Summon your Mystic Allies, if possible when there's only your main target present. They have a short duration, so clean up before if you can.
- Either finish off whatever is left with a similar rotation or move on to the next spot. On high HP targets like elites and bosses, use Fists of Thunder as much as possible while waiting for cooldowns.
Check out our Dungeons guide for more information.
Legendary and Normal Gems
Legendary Gems provide incredible attribute bonuses and unique effects. They are found as a reward after completing an Elder Rift that is enhanced with a Legendary Crest. Many of them are also crafted using Runes and Platinum at the Jeweler in Westmarch.
Read our Legendary Gems Guide for more information.
- Tourmaline is better than Ruby, since Damage is better than Life.
- Sapphire is better than Aquamarine, since Armor Penetration (Critical Hit Damage) is better than Armor.
- Citrine is equal to Topaz, since both Potency and All Resistance are underwhelming stats. Simply use the highest leveled Yellow Gems you've obtained.
The Monk's main Primary Attribute is Strength, giving +0.3 Damage per point. All other things equal, use gear with Strength to maximize the damage you deal. Fortitude is also important early on because it gives you Armor Penetration (Critical Hit Damage).
The Monk's worst Primary Attribute is Intelligence because it only gives +1 Combat Rating. If possible, don't use it.
- Strength +1 Combat Rating and +0.3 Damage.
- Fortitude +1 Combat Rating, +0.1 Armor, and +0.1 Armor Penetration. Armor increases your chance to Block, which mitigates 20% of incoming damage. This is a nice defensive boost, especially when pushing Challenge Rifts or Helliquary bosses. Armor Penetration gives Critical Hit Damage, which is nice if you already have a high Critical Hit Chance.
- Vitality +1 Combat Rating and +3 Life. It never hurts to have more life, especially for end game pushes and PvP. Vitality is the best attribute after the damage-dealing ones.
- Willpower +1 Combat Rating, +0.1 Potency, and +0.1 Resistance. Potency increases the duration of harmful effects on enemies, while Resistance lowers the duration of harmful effects on you from enemies. Willpower may play a larger role in the future, but currently it is never prioritized.
- Intelligence +1 Combat Rating. Gives nothing extra and is therefore the worst attribute.
Check out our Stats Mechanic Guide for more information.
Because the total amount of primary attributes is so important, you rarely prioritize special attributes on gear. Still, several special attributes can make a difference, here are some of the best ones you can find:
- Critical Hit Chance to proc Everlasting Torment attack speed effect at Rank 6.
- Critical Hit Damage to increase damage.
Bonus Attributes, Family Bonus, and Reforging
Family bonuses are hard to change so picking a powerful option is important. Here are some of the best Family Bonuses available for the Monk Dungeon Build:
- Wildfire Stone rolls Critical Hit Damage, which is one of the strongest offensive attributes in the game. The Hydra isn't all that useful, though, unless you desperately need something to soak damage.
- Vengeance Stone is a great option for the extra single target damage. Focus on the Attack Speed rolls here for even more overall DPS and Vengeance Stone procs.
For more details, see our Upgrading and Reforging Guide.
Focus on Awakening your gear with 1 star Gems at first (Trickshot Gem, Berserker's Eye, Everlasting Torment etc.). All item slots provide great benefits for a Monk, we recommend Awakening your items in this order:
Check out our Awakening Guide for more information.
Check out our Paragon Guide for more information.
Hungry for more Guides?
- Dominate Dungeons and group farming with this build.
- Buff the team with Inner Sanctuary and make sure your Mystic Allies are around for boss fights. Apply your burn with Seven-Sided Strike then lay down the massive tornado with Cyclone Strike. Use Fists of Thunder for mobility.
- Equip Empathy's Blessing, Discipline's Weight, Companion's Melody, Empathy's Blessing, Eye of the Storm, Dragon's Indignation and Issatar Imbued for maximum power.
- Rank up Normal and Legendary Gems for huge bonuses while hunting for a Wildfire Stone Family Bonus.
- Seek out Critical Hit Chance and Damage Special Attributes with Strength and Fortitude Primary Attributes.
- Awaken gear slots to boost your Mystic Allies and Exploding Palm to another level.
- Accumulate Paragon and invest in all the Damage nodes you can find while picking up key active nodes.
- Blow up the world with your allies by your side!
Written by Facefoot, wudijo
Reviewed by Raxxanterax, Rob