The Wild Frenzy Barbarian raid build excels in Helliquary and Kion's Ordeal raids. These activities require you to fight difficult bosses that often demand special considerations. These bosses tend to hit extremely hard and test your ability to survive as you chip away at them. We use Frenzy as your main damage source combined with War Rags of Shal'baas for even more DPS! Hammer of the Ancients combined with The Remembered allows us to tank damage and Demoralize with Battlemaster's Helm to increase the party damage significantly!
Group Build - Wild Frenzy
Legendary Items buff or alter Skills in Diablo Immortal. This creates powerful combinations you can use to destroy the game. Let's look at the best setup for Solo Farming.
This setup works very well to take down big bosses in Diablo Immortal, following 3 simple steps:
- Cast Hammer of the Ancients on the boss to get both Spirit of the Ancients. Activate Wrath of the Berserker and Demoralize and Frenzy non-stop while keeping your buffs up.
- Undying Rage procs, continue to Frenzy to gain your health back.
- Run around evading attacks while you wait for Undying Rage to come back, then repeat the process.
Step 2 is where things can get a bit spicy. In some boss fights you can easily get most of your health back, making step 3 no sweat. If you try this and find yourself not able to regain much health, play more defensively from the start. Try to use Undying Rage as an emergency escape, instead of a way to do DPS for several extra seconds.
Check out our Helliquary Guide for more information.
Normal & Legendary Gems
Legendary Gems provide incredible attribute bonuses and unique effects. They are found as a reward after completing an Elder Rift that is enhanced with a Legendary Crest. Many of them are also crafted using Runes and Platinum at the Jeweler in Westmarch.
Read our Legendary Gems Guide for more information.
- Tourmaline is better than Ruby, since Damage is better than Life.
- Sapphire is better than Aquamarine, since Armor Penetration (Critical Hit Damage) is better than Armor.
- Citrine is equal to Topaz, since both Potency and All Resistance are underwhelming stats. Simply use the highest leveled Yellow Gems you've obtained.
The Barbarian's main Primary Stat is Strength, giving +0.3 Damage per point. All other things equal, use gear with Strength to maximize the damage you deal. Fortitude is also important early on because it gives you Armor Penetration (Critical Hit Damage), but becomes less important later due to diminishing returns.
The Barbarian's worst Primary Stat is Intelligence because it only gives +1 Combat Rating. If possible, don't use it.
- Strength +1 Combat Rating and +0.3 Damage.
- Fortitude +1 Combat Rating, +0.1 Armor, and +0.1 Armor Penetration. Armor increases your chance to Block, which mitigates 20% of incoming damage. This is a nice defensive boost, especially when pushing Challenge Rifts or Helliquary bosses. Armor Penetration gives Critical Hit Damage, which is nice if you already have a high Critical Hit Chance.
- Vitality +1 Combat Rating and +3 Life. It never hurts to have more life, especially for end game pushes and PvP. Vitality is the best stat after the damage-dealing ones.
- Willpower +1 Combat Rating, +0.1 Potency, and +0.1 Resistance. Potency increases the duration of harmful effects on enemies, while Resistance lowers the duration of harmful effects on you from enemies. Willpower may play a larger role in the future, but currently it is never prioritized.
- Intelligence +1 Combat Rating. Gives nothing extra and is therefore the worst stat.
Check out our Stats Mechanic Guide for more information.
Because the total amount of primary attributes is so important, you rarely prioritize special attributes on gear. Still, several special attributes can make a difference, here are some of the best ones you can find:
- Critical Hit Chance to proc Everlasting Torment's attack speed effect at Rank 6.
- Beneficiary Effect Duration to boost uptime of Sprint and Wrath of the Berserker.
- Critical Hit Damage to increase damage.
Family Bonuses & Reforging
Family bonuses are hard to change so picking a powerful option is important. Here are some of the best Family Bonuses available for the Barbarian:
- The Wildfire Stone Family Bonus rolls Critical Hit Damage, which is a powerful stat that also synergizes well with Everlasting Torment. The Hydra can soak incoming damage by distracting enemies but its damage is a bit underwhelming.
- The Vengeance Stone Family Bonus is a great option for the extra single target damage. Focus on the Attack Speed rolls here for even more overall DPS and Vengeance Stone Family procs.
For more details, see our Upgrading and Reforging Guide.
Focus on Awakening your gear with 1 star Gems at first (Trickshot Gem, Berserker's Eye, Everlasting Torment etc.). Most item slots provide great benefits for a Barbarian, with the exception of the Off-Hand. We recommend Awakening your items in this order:
Check out our Awakening Guide for more information.
Check out our Paragon Guide for more information.
Hungry for more Guides?
- Crush raids including Helliquary Bosses and Kion's Ordeal with this Barbarian raid build.
- Debuff your enemies with Demoralize + Battlemaster's Helm.
- Tank Boss damage for your allies with the Hammer of the Ancients, The Remembered and Davin's Legacy combination.
- Never die due to Undying Rage and even survive team wipes to resurrect your allies!
- Rank up Normal and Legendary Gems for huge bonuses while hunting for a Wildfire Stone Family Bonus.
- Seek out Critical Hit Chance and Damage Magic Affixes with Strength and Fortitude Primary Stats.
- Accumulate Paragon and invest in all the Damage nodes you can find while picking up key active nodes.
Written by Rob
Contributions by Facefoot
Reviewed by Facefoot, Raxxanterax
Adjusted Legendary Gem Section