Bullseye is a hyper focused single target damage build that excels at farming Dungeons in a group with lethal accuracy. This allows Demon Hunters to be the best single target damage in the game, but with great power comes a great burden. Rain of Vengeance and Knockback Shot with selected gear, only affect a small area of the battlefield. These skills require near perfect timing to avoid Boss immunity phases or the Boss moving out of the skill's small AoE radius. Mastering these two principles makes you a fierce death dealing machine. Let's zero in, so you don't miss the Bullseye!
Demon Hunter Dungeon Build - Bullseye
- To have a good mixture of Primary and Skill damage, first go for the War Rags of Shal'baas (4) Piece, then get the two rings for the Grace of the Flagellant (2) Piece.
- To fully boost the power of our Crossbow Shot, we equip the full War Rags of Shal'baas (6) Piece.
For Dungeons, your job is to efficiently move from point A to point B and to effectively use your Rain of Vengeance and Knockback Shot to damage Bosses at the right tim. For maximum DPS, follow this rotation:
- Make sure the Boss is ready to be attacked. Don't waste skill cooldowns when Bosses are spawning or during immunity phases.
- Use Rain of Vengeance on the Boss first, since it has the longest cooldown.
- Use Knockback Shot on the Boss.
- Activate Vengeance to get extra damage on your Primary Attack.
- Hold down Crossbow Shot while moving to avoid taking damage or getting immobilized.
- Fire off Multishot during a Boss's add phase to make quick work of them. If the Boss doesn't have an add phase, use it as soon as the charges come off cooldown while still holding down Crossbow Shot.
- Continue to use Rain of Vengeance and Knockback Shot as soon as they come off cooldown on the Boss, but again, not during immunity phases.
Without Daring Swing, you are vulnerable to Bosses smashing you in the face. Use your range to your advantage! Practicing the rotation ensures your success. In groups, Demon Hunters should be assigned to positions called out in our Dungeon Guide that have the least travel distance. Lack of native speed and foregoing our only movement skill is the trade-off for great DPS.
Check out our Dungeons guide for more information.
Legendary and Normal Gems
Legendary Gems provide incredible attribute bonuses and unique effects. They are found as a reward after completing an Elder Rift that is enhanced with a Legendary Crest. Many of them are also crafted using Runes and Platinum at the Jeweler in Westmarch.
Read our Legendary Gems Guide for more information.
- Tourmaline is better than Ruby, since Damage is better than Life.
- Sapphire is better than Aquamarine, since Armor Penetration (Critical Hit Damage) is better than Armor.
- Citrine is equal to Topaz, since both Potency and All Resistance are underwhelming stats. Simply use the highest leveled Yellow Gems you've obtained.
The Demon Hunter's main Primary Attribute is Strength, giving +0.3 Damage per point. All other things equal, use gear with Strength to maximize the damage you deal. Fortitude is also important early on because it gives you Armor Penetration (Critical Hit Damage), but becomes less important later due to diminishing returns.
The Demon Hunter's worst Primary Attribute is Intelligence because it only gives +1 Combat Rating. If possible, don't use it.
- Strength +1 Combat Rating and +0.3 Damage.
- Fortitude +1 Combat Rating, +0.1 Armor, and +0.1 Armor Penetration. Armor increases your chance to Block, which mitigates 20% of incoming damage. Armor Penetration gives Critical Hit Damage, which is nice if you already have a high Critical Hit Chance.
- Vitality +1 Combat Rating and +3 Life. It never hurts to have more life, especially for end game pushes and PvP. Vitality is the best attribute after the damage-dealing ones.
- Willpower +1 Combat Rating, +0.1 Potency, and +0.1 Resistance. Potency increases the duration of harmful effects on enemies, while Resistance lowers the duration of harmful effects on you from enemies. Willpower may play a larger role in the future, but currently it is never prioritized.
- Intelligence +1 Combat Rating. Gives nothing extra and is therefore the worst attribute.
Check out our Attributes Mechanics Guide for more information.
Because the total amount of primary attributes is so important, you rarely prioritize special attributes on gear. Still, several special attributes can make a difference, here are some of the best ones you can find:
- Primary Attack Damage Increase bolsters the power of your Crossbow Shot, especially used with The Hungerer.
- Critical Hit Chance to proc Everlasting Torment.
- Beneficiary Effect Duration to boost uptime of Vengeance.
- Critical Hit Damage to increase damage.
Bonus Attributes, Family Bonus, and Reforging
Family bonuses are hard to change so picking a powerful option is important. Here are some of the best Family Bonuses available for the Demon Hunter:
- The Wildfire Stone Family Bonus has a few of the best attribute rolls for us in the game, Primary Attack Damage, All Skill Damage, and Critical Hit Damage. The Hydra's damage is okay and can taunt enemies as long as it spawns in a good spot.
- The Vengeance Stone Family Bonus is very good for the extra single target in combination with Crossbow Shot. Our ability to attack and move at the same time makes this Family automatically a top choice!
For more details, see our Upgrading and Reforging Guide.
Focus on Awakening your gear with 1 star Gems at first (Trickshot Gem, Berserker's Eye, Everlasting Torment etc.). Most item slots provide great benefits for a Demon Hunter. We recommend Awakening your items in this order:
Check out our Awakening Guide for more information.
Check out our Paragon Guide for more information.
Hungry for more Guides?
- Hit the mark with every arrow in Dungeons and group farming with this build.
- Blast away minions with Multishot and Crossbow Shot, smash Bosses with Knockback Shot and Rain of Vengeance.
- Equip The Hungerer, Untempered Hatred, Vaash's Typhonic Stampede and the War Rags of Shal'baas for maximum power.
- Rank up Normal and Legendary Gems for huge bonuses while hunting for a Wildfire Stone Family Bonus.
- Seek out Primary Attack Damage Increase and Critical Hit Chance and Damage Special Attributes with Strength and Vitality Primary Attributes.
- Awaken gear slots to boost your Rain of Vengeance and Knockback Shot to another level.
- Accumulate Paragon and invest in all the Damage nodes you can find while picking up key active nodes.
- If it's red, make it dead; the enemy is locked in the dungeon...with you!
Written by Dredscythe
Contributions by Facefoot
Reviewed by Facefoot, Raxxanterax
-Updated for Release. -Updated Primary & Secondary Gear. -Updated Alternative Setup. -Updated Attribute Priorities. -Updated Awakened Priorities.