Destruction's End is the Dungeon that finishes off Zoltun Kulle's Library before heading to Bilefen. Here you meet your old friend Baal from Diablo 2 and be tasked with trapping him in the Soul Shard. There are many stops along the way but the dungeon guides you along. As usual, drag monsters forward to keep your Massacre Bonus up. Compared to the Forgotten Tower and Mad King's Breach this one isn't optimal for grinding experience or items.
- In this dungeon you are fighting alongside Zoltun Kulle and Tal Rasha as you hunt down Baal. You must clear the monsters in each wave before Zoltun Kulle can clear the fire blocking the way. It's important that you stick with him and kill enemies so he can keep moving along.
- You fight Baal in two stages with these two by your side. The first stage is quite simple and ends after taking away two of his health bars.
- After the first stage you have 3 minutes to get to the end to gain a Bonus Chest, so get moving! From this point on enemies attack Zoltun Kulle as he removes the fire, so kill things quickly if you want to beat the clock.
- The second stage of fighting Baal is more challenging than the first as he's more aggressive. He'll shoot AOE fireballs like the first battle, but halfway through they turn into meteors that rain down and spread. Towards the end he'll clone himself and bring twice as much fire! Pay attention when Tal Rasha calls out to get in his protection bubble and dive in for safety!
This dungeon is one stop after the next with two somewhat annoying boss fights. As far as farming goes this is one of the worst ones for experience and loot. Some dungeons have great ways to split up and increase efficiency, while this one keeps you all pinned together. If you have a group formed and are ready for some dungeons, look elsewhere, this isn't the place to be.
The first phase has 3 walls of fire that you must get past before fighting the first stage of Baal. As a team you need to clear out all the enemies along the way for each firewall to dissipate. Have 2 players be aggressive and kill what's near the firewall while the other 2 escort Zoltun Kulle. Leaving him behind isn't an option!
The 2nd phase is a repeat of the first but now you have a 3 minute timer to race against for the extra chest; luckily this is easy with a group. When Zoltun Kulle gets to firewalls in this phase he needs to channel for several seconds to make them disappear. During this time he is ambushed by enemies that try to interrupt him. Be prepared to kill the enemies that spawn before they can interrupt his casting to speed up the pace of these runs. Skills that do heavy damage or massive crowd control such as Black Hole are great for this part.
- Dungeons are the only place to obtain powerful Set Items and are fast way to obtain Battle Points.
- Dungeons are an integral part of Shadow Contracts, Immortal Daily Quests and various other events.
- Check your Codex and featured activities to target farm Dungeons that have bonus Battle Points or Set Item drops.
- Don't worry too much about which Dungeon is the "best to farm," just do the ones that have Set Items you're looking for!
- Check out our Dungeon Overview to learn the basics and see an overview of Class Builds.
Written by Facefoot
Contributions by Dredscythe
Reviewed by Dredscythe, Raxxanterax, Rob
Updated for launch