Table of Contents
- Maxroll's Diablo Immortal Overhaul
- Meet the Team
- What's New in the Closed Beta?
- Who Can Play?
- Future Plans
Maxroll's Diablo Immortal Overhaul
Welcome to all returning patrons and new faces to the Diablo Immortal branch of Maxroll! We have covered Diablo Immortal's development from the first Alpha through the release of the Closed Beta today. Behind-the-scenes we've been working hard on a completely new vision for this branch. Today we're proud to share it with you as we unveil our brand new Diablo Immortal Overhaul.
- Beta Launch - 30 brand new guides now await you (current through Diablo Immortal's Second Alpha).
- Maxroll Quality - Months of work and an improved peer review process have enhanced our content.
- The Ultimate Map Tool - Need to find... anything? Click here to explore your new favorite resource.
- Dynamic Updates - As we discover changes in the Beta, our guides will be updated.
- Looking To The Future - This is just the beginning, scroll down to see our upcoming plans for the site!
Stay Awhile and Learn
Meet the Team
Since the initial launch we added three top tier Diablo Immortal players to our roster: Dredscythe, Echohack, and Lexyu. Their fresh ideas, in-game knowledge, and attention to detail have been invaluable to us. They joined a veteran Diablo 3 squad of Facefoot, Raxxanterax, Rob, and Wudijo who laid the framework for what we have today. Click the accordions below to learn more about them!
What's New in the Closed Beta?
- The Necromancer Has Risen - Become the Commander of the Undead! This fan-favorite class returns from Diablo 2 & 3 to protect Sanctuary. None of us have played it before in Immortal, so we'll be learning right along with you.
- Controller Support - Don't want to hold a phone or tablet all day? You don't have to anymore! Here's the list of supported controllers in the Closed Beta:
- Xbox One Wireless Bluetooth Controller
- Xbox Series X|S Bluetooth Controller
- Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
- Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Sony Dualshock 4
- Razer Kishi
- Improved PvE Experiences. We spent hundreds of hours testing PvE activities like Challenge Rifts, Elder Rifts and Dungeons in the Second Alpha. Blizzard has re-balanced the rewards by moving them to the Battle Pass so you can power up your character the way you want to. You can bet we'll be testing all of these out again!
- Re-worked Paragon Benefits and Character Stats. Paragon Levels (the levels you gain beyond max level for additional power) didn't feel rewarding in previous testing. They now grant increased chances for more powerful items, making them far more appealing. We're also expecting adjustments to overpowered character stats like Offense Rating and Defense Rating (commonly referred in our guides as ORDR) are also big improvements in our eyes!
- Better Ways to Power Up. Last time we played, the best way to get stronger was to upgrade your gear rather than find it. This monotonous playstyle of grinding materials didn't feel engaging. The focus has shifted back to finding better gear, re-igniting the real loot hunt. They've also added Set Items only for Secondary Gear, which give you powers at (3) and (6) pieces. This allows you to keep all the amazing Legendary Powers you've earned as they are worn on Primary Gear. Yes please!
- PvP Balance Changes. Survivability was non-existent in PvP as any fight wouldn't last more than a few seconds. Blizzard gathered this feedback and made improvements to class balance and time-to-kill for the upcoming Closed Beta, which should be a huge improvement. They've also added a brand new Battleground Ladder System where you can test your might against the best! We're excited to see what strategies emerge as players hone their skills on the battlefield.
- A Re-vamped Cycle of Strife. The Cycle of Strife is the eternal faction war between the Shadows and the Immortals. The Rite of Exile (final battle between the factions) was fun, but it had a simple, pre-determined outcome. Blizzard has completely changed this into a multi-staged war. It includes 8 simultaneous 10vs10 team battles followed by a 30vs1 battle against The Immortal themselves as a raid boss. This sounds amazing to us!
- Monetization Testing. Blizzard will be testing their monetization plan for Diablo Immortal in the Alpha. Here's what we know so far:
- The Empowered Battle Pass unlocks additional rewards as you complete various activities in the game.
- You unlock purchasable Troves (limited item bundles) as you progress.
- You can purchase Rare Crests and Legendary Crests to acquire Legendary Gems.
- All progress will be wiped after the Beta. The money will be credited back to your Diablo Immortal Battle.net account and can only be spent again on Diablo Immortal's official launch. This is not added to your Battle.net balance - it cannot be redeemed in any other Blizzard game or service.
Check out Blizzard's Official Post here.
Who Can Play?
Pre-registered Android players from Australia and Canada can play in the Closed Beta starting October 28th at 5:00 PM PST. Content creators may also have access to play on these servers from their own countries.
Q: Can I play if I'm not in Australia or Canada?
A: Unfortunately not this time.
Q: Can I play if I use a VPN to Australia or Canada?
A: We do not know the answer at this time.
Q: Can I play if I'm on IOS instead of Android?
A: No, there is no Apple test because they do not allow monetization testing in betas.
We wouldn't be the Maxroll Team if we weren't making additional preparations. Here's a sneak peek at what's coming for the Diablo Immortal branch:
- Embedding of equipment, items, gems, skills, and more!
- New guides from the Closed Beta, including the highly anticipated Necromancer Class Guide.
- Revisions to our current guides based on your feedback.
- More exciting resources & tools that we will share closer to launch!
We're wishing all of you an amazing Diablo Immortal Closed Beta. If you have any remaining questions or comments, chat with us on Discord with the link below. See you in Sanctuary!
The Diablo Immortal Maxroll Team