The Content of the Article
- Class Strengths
- Mad King's Breach
- Forgotten Tower
- Tomb of Fahir
- Destruction's End
- Kikuras Rapids
- Temple of Namari
- Cavern of Echoes
A Diablo Immortal Dungeon can be found in many World Zones as you progress through the campaign. Dungeons can be repeated solo or with a party as much as you please once you've completed them for the first time and also appear as objectives on the Bounty Board, Immortal Daily Quests and Shadow Contracts. There are 7 dungeons currently in the game, all with their own unique design and strategies. Some pay tribute to Diablo's roots with a rework of the most blood-ridden battles of the past, while others introduce monsters and lands previously unknown.
These dungeons will be challenging but fitting to your power level when you get to them. If they feel too hard, check with the Blacksmith and Jeweler to see if there are any upgrades available. Make sure you're picking up all the items and salvaging them for materials! You're going to need them for gear upgrades, which are a very important part of improving your character. Once you unlock Hell difficulties, these dungeons get much harder and their difficulty scales with your party size. Hell 2-3 are always scaled to a 4-person party so you might as well grab 3 friends. In the Alpha, Hell 2-3 didn't give much more for rewards, so Hell 1 was always the difficulty everyone played on. We'll update this guide if this changes on launch.
Since experience, gold and items are the primary rewards available for progression, doing these efficiently is greatly beneficial to your character. Let's take a look below at the Dungeons, where you'll find them, and how to farm them efficiently for maximum loot!
All classes perform very well in dungeons, each bringing different strengths in solo or group play. In solo play you'll want to manage your skills so that you have a mix of AOE and single target damage. In groups you can have players fill certain roles, whether that be clearing out all the enemies, running super fast to the boss or being the ultimate boss killer. The more you diversify your group the more successful your farming will be. Bring some that are fast and some that are strong, if you can. Let's take a quick look at some highlights of each class that make them great for group play.
Barbarian - Gives the group speed and damage buffs from Sprint and Demoralize. Incredibly fast with mediocre AoE and single target damage
Crusader - Fastest class thanks to Draw and Quarter, gives the group 100% critical chance using Holy Banner + Arrowkeeper. Great Crowd Control, AoE and single target damage.
Demon Hunter - Highest AoE and single target damage in the game, but lacks the mobility other classes have.
Monk - Class consumable gives Magic Find. Provides utility by shielding teammates and grouping enemies with Cyclone Strike. Mediocre AoE and single target damage.
Wizard - Great Crowd Control using Black Hole. Amazing AoE but mediocre single target.
Mad King's Breach
Mad King's Breach is the first Dungeon you'll encounter in Diablo Immortal at the end of the second World Zone, Ashwold Cemetery. It's also one of the best places in the game to farm experience and items! You'll fight your way through two levels, each with their own boss before facing The Skeleton King. While going through this dungeon maintain your Massacre Bonus as this is a simple way to gain extra experience. This dungeon is a favorite for many, as it's quick to get through and very straight forward.
1st Floor - Is small and has a treasure chest on the left wall. You must kill two waves of Wraith's that spawn in the middle hallway to spawn Sir Gorash at the end. He casts Arcane Beams and Waller but is very easy to take down.
2nd Floor - Allows you to run straight to the end and fight Manoruk. He summons skeletons around you and shoots individual blasts that deal moderate damage. He also has a long attack that sends waves of skulls across the room. This can be intimidating at first but is easy to avoid once you see how it works.
3rd Floor - Has two stages of enemies you must clear before moving onto the Skeleton King. At the first landing you need to clear out all the enemies before the barrier will drop. For the top you'll need to kill 6 enemies in the center of the room, then the 4 Skeletal Guards that spawn after they die. After all the enemies are dead, the Skeleton King will spawn at the end of the room.
The Skeleton King is a pretty easy boss with 2 stages. In the first stage he'll swing his mace around and you can dodge it with ease. For the second stage he'll mount up and charge as well. If you're a melee class you can let him hit you with his charge and he'll drag you with him, increasing your DPS. When in a group save your strongest skills for his 2nd stage. The amount of damage you can do in the first stage is heavily limited by his long animation.
Farming this dungeon is all about taking down three bosses fast, so make sure everyone in your group is equipped to do maximum single target damage. Even with three floors and some coordination required this is a very fast and rewarding dungeon. Spread out on each floor to get the most from the massacre bonuses with one person hanging back and the others always flying ahead. Another perk of farming here is the close proximity to the Haunted Carrige. Time it well for extra goodies during your runs!
The Forgotten Tower dungeon is located in the Dark Wood and is the final area before transitioning to the Shassar Sea. A blast from the past, this rework of the Diablo 2 classic is not so forgotten after all. This dungeon is a favorite for many because it has a simple one floor layout and a lot of monsters to kill for an easy 100 Massacre Bonus (the highest possible in Diablo Immortal). The Forgotten Tower also rewards the player(s) with up to 5 bonus chests at the end of the run if you're able to kill enough enemies before the timer expires. All the more reason to group up, head in and slay this one quickly to get amazing rewards very fast.
- In the beginning you need to kill the Shaman and his Blood Clan Warriors, break the vines and get through. To the left there are a couple treasure chests but they're usually not worth going after, press forward to teh first boss.
- Head down the path and get ready to fight Bloodsworn Priestess Innaloth. She has many enemies with her so bring some Area of Effect skills for this one. Once you've taken her down, inspect the Dying Villager, then open the gate to the left.
- From this point on you need to defeat the Bloodsworn Army quickly, to get up to 5 bonus chests at the end. This objective happens in 5 stages that each give you over 80 seconds to complete. You'll have to kill 100 enemies total, with each stage requiring 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 kills respectively. Bring enemies from previous rooms into the next area so you can keep the Massacre Bonus up!
- Be careful of the swinging blades as you navigate this dungeon! They have a massive hit box and will be super annoying to get around.
- Once you've killed the Bloodsworn Army you'll take on The Countess in her chamber. Half way through she'll disappear and summon several enemies you must take down before coming back for her second stage. She'll unleash bats in an area around her so don't stand too close. Getting hit by several bats at once can lead to a swift death.
- Like most bosses. just take your time. Utilize the health globes and this shouldn't be too bad your first time through. Once you've been through a few times keeping up the 100 kill Massacre Bonus should be easy as well, especially with a full group!
This dungeon has three phases and a boss fight. Being efficient here is all about spreading out and doing your assigned duties. With a plan this can be one of the most lucrative dungeon farms in the game. It however isn't as straightforward as some others and might take a little more practice to get it feeling smooth. As always, Barbarians and Crusaders are great for getting places fast and the Demon Hunter is the best at killing bosses.
Tomb of Fahir
The Tomb of Fahir dungeon is a very large dungeon that takes you on quite the adventure in the Shassar Sea. Make sure to bring a movement skill so you can get around quickly. You'll be running all over to complete objectives while finding many Treasure Chests along the way. This dungeon will bring a smile to your face with its unique encounters and boss fights, surely bringing excitement about what else is coming down the road!
- The first objective is to kill the Icon of Rebirth on the far left side, then traverse to the other side to take down the Icon of Souls. Once both of these have been eliminated King Fahir will spawn in the Inner Chamber. You can take them down in either order or even split up in a group and do them at the same time!
- On your way to these Icons there are ten chests: two in the first room on the left, three in the first room on the right and five in a room before the Icon of Rebirth. Once you click a chest, enemies will spawn on the left side of the room that you must eliminate before you can claim the rewards. As of the 2nd alpha it was never worth it to open these chests.
- When fighting King Fahir, place yourself between him and the pillars to prevent being knocked back by his AOE attack. Avoid his danger beams on the ground and take him down slowly but surely. Once he's dead go deeper into the chamber to see what other horrors await.
- Next you'll take a lift down and fight off waves of enemies as well as the Colossal Tomb Borer. He's very easy to defeat if you stand to the side while fighting him. Don't stand right in front of his mouth or you'll be knocked back!
- Once this is done you've reached the bottom and are ready to fight Segithis. You must take down his legs first to attack his head. After one round he'll get back up and you'll have two more legs to break before finishing him off.
This dungeon is quite massive and will take awhile to get through as there are 2 mini-bosses on complete opposite sides of the first floor. At first you'll all want to kill each of the Icons as a team and progress through the dungeon the same way you would solo. Once you have a party with enough power to make Diablo quiver, you can split up for the Icons and meet in the middle to go even faster. The final stage of efficiency, which we will show below, is sending 1 very strong player to each Icon alone. Have the other two stay in the middle to push ahead to King Fahir as fast as possible.
Destruction's End is the Dungeon that will finish off Zoltun Kulle's Library before heading to Bilefen. Here you'll meet your old friend Baal from Diablo 2 and be tasked with trapping him in the Soul Shard. There are many stops along the way but the dungeon will guide you along. As usual, drag monsters forward to keep your Massacre Bonus up. Compared to the Forgotten Tower and Mad King's Breach this one isn't very optimal for grinding experience or items.
- In this dungeon you'll be fighting alongside Zoltun Kulle and Tal Rasha as you hunt down Baal. You must clear the monsters in each wave before Zoltun Kulle can clear the fire blocking the way. It's important that you stick with him and kill enemies so he can keep moving along.
- You'll fight Baal in two stages with these two by your side. The first stage is quite simple and will end after taking away two of his health bars.
- After the first stage you'll have 3 minutes to get to the end to gain a Bonus Chest, so get moving! From this point on enemies will attack Zoltun Kulle as he removes the fire, so kill things quickly if you want to beat the clock.
- The second stage of fighting Baal is more challenging than the first as he's more aggressive. He'll shoot AOE fireballs like the first battle, but halfway through they turn into meteors that rain down and spread. Towards the end he'll clone himself and bring twice as much fire! Pay attention when Tal Rasha calls out to get in his protection bubble and dive in for safety.
This dungeon is one stop after the next with two somewhat annoying boss fights. As far as farming goes this is one of the worst ones for experience and loot. Some dungeons have great ways to split up and increase efficiency, while this one keeps you all pinned together. If you have a group formed and are ready for some dungeons, look elsewhere, this isn't the place to be.
The first dungeon encounter in Bilefen and one of the most unique Diablo experiences you'll probably ever have. Who would have thought we'd be slaying demons on a raft, yet here we are! This one is just flat out fun. You get to slay all the little shamans your heart desires, hop on a raft and clash your way down the rapids. Lookout at the end cause a barrage of fire is coming! This dungeon is quite enjoyable and unique, with the penalty of taking quite a bit longer to get through than the others.
- Head down the path dragging the monsters with you to get that juicy massacre bonus. Click the treasure chests as you go along until you get to the raft. Kill all Fetishes around then hop aboard and defend yourself as you make your way through the jungle.
- The raft segment takes awhile and you'll be ambushed several times. At the end you'll have to dodge a barrage of fireballs before taking on the final boss, Ongori. Stand at the back of the raft so you don't take too much damage and die!
- Ongori can be a bit tricky as there are 2 pillars spewing fire at you for most of the encounter. He'll also summon Fetishes and totems that complicate things, but with some maneuvering you will get this one down. When you see a totem spawn, kill it quickly to negate its effect.
- Remember if you're struggling head to the Blacksmith or Jeweler to see if you have any upgrades available. A few levels to your gems or gear upgrades can make quite a big difference in your damage and toughness!
This dungeon takes a long time to do compared to others and generally isn't the best option for farming sessions... unless farming quality time with your friends on a digital raft is what you're after! Coordinate with your group during farming sessions as this dungeon can be a decent way to keep getting some progress while taking quick breaks. Just get on the raft and go AFK for a bit, one person can handle that part with ease!
- Everyone needs to get to the raft as soon as possible. Someone will have to pull the lever to release the raft while the other 3 kill everything around so they don't get interrupted.
- If you have a Barbarian in the group, have them take Sprint for the team and stick with the slowest person to get them there faster.
- Once on the raft you can file your taxes or wash your car because there isn't much to kill on the way. A few minutes later you'll be dropped off at Ongori who should go down quite easily with a group.
Temple of Namari
The Temple of Namari is the second dungeon in Bilefen where you'll take on Sargoth. This dungeon is shorter than the others and getting to the end won't take long at all. The fun begins at the end as Sargoth will have you face a gauntlet of bosses before taking him on. Fighting 4 bosses in a row might be intimidating, but with all the Health Globes that drop, you'll be fine. In groups there are other dungeons that are more efficient for farming experience and loot. This one is still a great choice when the desire to destroy some bosses arises.
- This dungeon is quick to get through and has 3 rooms you must clear before getting to Sargoth. There is no Massacre Bonus to worry about here, get to the bosses fast and get out with the loot!
- First room has two different treasure chests, one on the right side and one down the long corridor. Grab the first one while killing the enemies, then run to the other while Namari is opening the door. If you time it right you won't waste a single second while getting both chests!
- Second room requires you to kill the Skeletal Mages and their summoned demon before Namari opens the door.
- Third room has more Skeletal Mages but now they have shields. You'll have to kill the summoned monsters in the middle to get the Mages shields to drop. The order of their shields dropping will always be: top > left > right. After this, take the portal to Sargoth's chamber and get ready for the showdown with four bosses!
- The final room is fighting three bosses, one at a time, before facing off with Sargoth. These bosses change each time you go through, but the difficulty of the fight will remain the same. Fallen War Matron, Siegebreaker, Voracity, Cold Snap, Perdition, Torrid One and Ashen Marauder's are all options you can see before facing Sargoth.
- Sargoth will attack you with various forms of lightning, none more threatening than the others. Stay mobile and you'll be fine.
This dungeon is middle of the road for experience and loot, but it does have the perk of being simple. The 3 phases that need to be completed are all quick and most of the time will be spent fighting the bosses at the end. What you really fight against in this one are long animations during the boss encounter. If a change of scenery is desired this one is a good choice while still having decent rewards.
Phase 1 - In the first stage 8 enemies will be summoned in a circle around Namari after speaking to her. Spread out around her to take them down fast and move onto the next stage.
Phase 2 - This room has 4 enemies in it, kill them and you'll be able to move onto the next room.
Phase 3 - Here there are 3 Skeletal mages with shields in a triangle formation, have 1 player stand in the middle to kill the enemies they spawn while the other 3 each stand near a mage to kill when their shield goes down. The order of their shields dropping will always be: top > left > right. Once they're all dead Namari will open the final door to Sargoth, who will fall with ease.
Cavern of Echoes
The Cavern of Echoes is the coolest dungeon and will be encountered towards the end of your journey in the Frozen Tundra. In the beginning you'll slay a path to the first boss Blood Rime, a fun fight that combines some mechanics from Blood Maw and Rime in Diablo 3. After defeating him you'll fight your way through another level of the cave before taking on the challenging Glacial Colossus.
- This dungeon has two floors to navigate each with their own boss. The path through is very straight forward on the 1st floor. You'll claw your way through Yeti's and 2 Glacial Monstrosities, before taking on Blood Rime at the end.
- Blood Rime has two stages. In the 1st stage he is somber, but once he's angry he'll break the floor, taking you down with him. In the 2nd stage he'll do a rolling attack and icicles will fall from the sky. Try your best to avoid them as they'll freeze you in place.
- Once he's dead you'll have to navigate through the next floor to take on the Glacial Colossus at the end. On this floor icicles will be falling from the sky constantly so continue to be careful. Kick down the ice pillar to make it into the last area, you'll continue straight forward to the final boss.
- There is a path off to the left but no one knows where it might lead, perhaps a Helliquary boss or something special will be there someday!
- This floor has frozen enemies that you can mostly skip, but will eventually be freed by one of their friends. You'll need to kill all the enemies at the end before you can open the door, so don't leave any survivors.
- Finally you've reached the Glacial Colossus! At first it's very straight forward, clear out the enemies in the room then start smashing his face in. After a bit he'll go underground, spawn 2 packs of enemies then start shooting out 3 ice beams. Kill all the enemies while avoiding the ice beams at all costs, they do MASSIVE damage.
- There's a good chance that it'll go underground a 2nd time towards the end of the fight, stick to the plan. Keep avoiding the ice beams, clear the trash and finish him off when he comes back up the final time.
This dungeon is an excellent choice for farming in a group with it' straightforward layout and quick progression. Yielding the highest Enchanted Dust per hour from our tests this one is without a contender for the best dungeon to farm in the game. The final boss fight takes a bit more coordination than some others, but after a bit of practice the loot should be raining down like it's your birthday.
Diablo Immortal has many activities that all provide unique, challenging and engaging experiences for the player. Dungeons bring fun and exciting adventures to each World Zone and are the best place to farm experience and items. Each dungeon has a fresh feel from the previous one and has its treacherous bosses to execute. They're also a great way to get into new groups and meet new people! Check out the other guides under the Resources tab to see how you can get the most out of Diablo Immortal!
Guide by Facefoot