Table of Contents
Diablo Immortal is filled with powerful Equipment for you to hunt down and claim as your own. They follow a familiar progression from other ARPGs by having Common, Magic, Rare and Legendary items with varying degrees of power and usefulness. At the beginning of any new game we commonly ask ourselves questions like "What makes a piece of gear "good" or an upgrade?" and "What do I do with the extra gear I find?" This guide will dispel these mysteries and more to prepare you to be the strongest player you can be!
There's a lot to unpack regarding Equipment in Diablo Immortal, so let's take it one topic at a time
- There are two kinds of Equipment slots: Primary and Secondary. Primary items are everything on the right side of your character screen and include: Main-Hand, Off-Hand, Helmet, Shoulders, Chest and Pants. These can be filled with Legendary items when you come across them, meaning the lower rarity items are replaced quickly. These not only have a higher stat count and Legendary Powers, but they can also be socketed with Legendary Gems which completely transform your character. Check out Facefoot's full Gem Guide here to learn about their true power. Secondary items are everything on the left side and include: Amulet, Rings, Gloves, Belt and Boots. They cannot be socketed with Legendary Gems, which is a huge bummer! The highest quality currently available for them is Rare, giving them less stats and lower levels of upgrading. Don't let all of this fool you though, they're still important to acquire and upgrade.
- The total stats on your Equipment determines what to keep. The most important stats in Diablo Immortal, BY FAR, are Offense Rating and Defense Rating (ORDR). Every Primary Attribute point (Intelligence, Strength, Fortitude, Vitality and Willpower) on your gear grants you 1 additional ORDR. In general, simply counting up the number of stats and picking the higher valued item is the way to go. Make sure to check out Rob's full guide on Stats to dive deeper into this subject.
- Example: Legendary Chest #1 has 39 Willpower and 48 Strength while Legendary Chest #2 has 38 Willpower, 29 Fortitude, and 31 Intelligence. Which should we use? Simply adding the stats up we have 87 < 98, so we would use Legendary Chest #2. It's that easy!
- Warning: This is not ALWAYS the case, it is just a good rule to go by. Read the full article to understand why certain stats like Willpower and either Intelligence or Strength may have less value for you.
- Warning #2: The green helper arrow is not always right (at least in the end game)! What could possibly go wrong with a tool designed to help you pick the right items to put on? Well sometimes it doesn't add up the stats properly, or fails to consider things like sockets or the stats themselves. Always compare the equipment yourself before blindly trusting the arrow. (Maybe this will be fixed by launch, and in that case we'll remove this warning.)
- Sockets matter in Secondary items. As the full Gem Guide explains, not all gem colors are created equal. In general, Red (Damage & Life) > Blue (Armor Pen & Defense) > Yellow (Potency & Resistance). Picking up extra Red or Blue sockets can dramatically increase your power, so look for them!
- Salvaging any unused Equipment is the top way to become stronger. Remember we promised to answer what to do with unused Equipment? Salvage it. Upgrading and Reforging your Equipment is the top way to gain ORDR, which in turn lets you clear everything in the game. As of the Alpha, you'll need a colossal 131,850 Scrap Materials from Common and Magic items, 19,626 Enchanted Dust from Rares and 450 Glowing Shards from Legendaries to raise your gear to the max level. Believe us when we say: THAT'S A LOT! Dredscythe has a great guide here to learn all about Upgrading and Reforging.
- There are many Affixes that can roll on your Equipment. Some of them are quite powerful, like 6% Chance to Crit, while others are fairly worthless, such as 12% Slow Immunity Chance. These usually do not trump the volume of stats on an item discussed above. Nonetheless, we discuss and list every possible Affix in the next section.
There are many magical affixes that can roll on Equipment in Diablo Immortal, but there are restrictions on where they can be found. The tables below show all possible Affixes for Primary and Secondary Equipment, with a Green Box showing possible rolls. Note: All values shown are the maximum possible rolls for each affix.
Just like in the other Diablo titles, Legendaries come with special powers in Diablo Immortal. These are skill-altering affixes that change how you play the game. Maybe Multishot on your Demon Hunter appears underwhelming... until you get the Fiery Legendary Power of Death that torches everything in your path! These are what we're hunting for.
There are tons of Legendary Powers for every class. Finding them all is important because you can extract and re-use them using Essence Transfer, which has a lovely guide written by Wudijo. The best way to find Legendaries is to efficiently clear Dungeons with a group, which can yield about 3 per hour. You can guarantee yourself a Legendary every 3 hours if you're strong enough to win at the Ancient Arena in Bilefen, which is a Zone Event covered here in full by Lexy.
We have all Legendary Powers in the game in our class specific guides below. Click on the character you're playing for the full list.
Video Guide on Equipment
- Find Equipment with the highest stat totals to boost your Offense Rating and Defense Rating.
- Pay attention to the number and colors (Red > Blue > Yellow) of sockets in your Secondary Gear.
- Salvage unused Equipment to Upgrade your gear.
- Extract Legendary Powers to re-use them on your gear.
- Clear Dungeons efficiently and win the Ancient Arena in Bilefen to maximize your Legendaries.
As changes are made to Equipment, this guide will be updated. Stay tuned for more updates!
Town Is Lava!
Written by Raxxanterax
Contributions by Dredscythe
Reviewed by Dredscythe, Facefoot