Table of Contents
In Rakkiz Plaza in Westmarch exists an NPC named Yakin (indicated by the mystery armor icon on the map) who allows you to gamble randomized items. This feature becomes available at level 35 and serves as an early gold-sink to allow you to upgrade your gear at a faster pace. It's one of the few ways to target-farm specific equipment and will help you tremendously while powering up for endgame. Learn here all about how to get the biggest bang for the buck!
What to Gamble for
The best use of your leftover gold is to gamble for jewelry and secondary armor (amulets, rings, belts, boots, gloves - the left side of your character's equipment slots when viewed in the profile). This is because gambling Legendaries is extremely rare and you'll find them on your own in a timely manner eventually. On the other hand, the amount of jewelry you find is quite limited and the RNG range is massive with the amount of stats and number of sockets they can roll.
Your long-term goal is to get a full collection of triple-stat + triple-socket items in these slots. The stats are very valuable due to the Offense Rating and Defense Rating they provide, which directly limits you in the level of content you can do. The sockets are a great boost when filled with the right gems.
How to prioritize Jewelry
- Combined total of primary attributes
- Number of sockets
- Powerful extra magic affixes (some of them can be a great boost, e.g. crit chance, movement speed, extra damage...)
- Color of sockets (red & blue are great, yellow is negligible)
- Preferential attribute distribution (typically Willpower & Vitality are less preferred than others but check your class guide for details)
When to Gamble
Gambling with the above checklist will keep you busy for a very long time. Recognize that you can't force a good outcome and your gold income is limited, so you need to always gamble efficiently. You should not waste too much gold here until you have reached max level. This is where quality and level of your equipment starts mattering and before that you will replace your items quickly.
As you gamble for items, penalties are implemented that increase the cost of the next items as shown below.
|Daily Gamble Item Count||Gold Cost of Base|
The gambling daily limit per item slot is 25. Since your gold income is nowhere near enough to cover the outrageous costs at the later steps, you should avoid overpaying. Always gamble at normal cost at all times. Early on you can change which item slot you are gambling for, as the daily limit and cost increase is separated by type. Keep in mind that upgrading your items at the Blacksmith also costs gold (as well as various other things such as creating a Clan) so it's always good to keep some in the pocket and not throw it all at Yakin.
- Find Yakin in Rakkis Plaza in Westmarch.
- Prioritize jewelry and secondary armor on the hunt for triple stat/triple socket jewelry (at max level).
- Don't gamble primary equipment unless you're replacing a very poor non-legendary item.
- Gamble responsibly! Don't pay penalties or spend more gold than needed to force an outcome.
- Always save a bit of gold for other uses.
I hope this short overview helps you on your path through Sanctuary. May RNGsus be with you!
Written by wudijo
Reviewed by echohack, Raxxanterax